Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
The Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (HVIAC) is a conference of four-year colleges drawn from the metropolitan area that do not offer any financial aid based on athletic ability. The purpose of the HVIAC is as follows:
- To extend and enrich intercollegiate athletic competition for member colleges
- To provide a positive competitive atmosphere based on the principles of education, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- To foster the physical, mental, and social development of the individual student-athlete.
- To foster excellence in performance.
- To provide opportunities for the professional growth and development of the athletic, administrative, and coaching staffs of member colleges.
- To support league competition and sponsor seasonal tournaments in each sport.
- To sponsor clinics for coaches and players.
United States Collegiate Athletic Association
The United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) is a national organization that exists to provide quality athletic competition on a regional and national level. The USCAA focuses specifically on smaller institutions of higher learning and their student-athletes. The association believes that all athletes and programs deserve the same national opportunities as larger institutions. The USCAA is an organization that can provide those opportunities.